Defensive driving teaches safe driving techniques to drivers. At defensive driving classes students learn to overcome mistakes in driving techniques, learn to improve their driving skills; learn to make informed decisions and to anticipate situations while driving. Defensive driving classes have been set up by the government and police departments to make the world a safer place to live in. The need for speed can kill, it is important to teach driver discipline and safety rules. Defensive driving aims to reduce the risk of driving. Drivers must instinctively anticipate dangerous situations and avoid risks while driving vehicles in normal as well as adverse conditions. Defensive driving courses cover aspects like: emergency care, principles of safety, control of fear and emotions, on the spot decision making, quick reactions, fear, and so on. The benefits of defensive driving classes are many and vary with each state.
1. Most states offer as incentive a reduction of points on your driver’s license following a driving violation ticket and offer the additional incentive of not increasing insurance rates.
2. In some states a defensive driving course would get at least 10% reduction is insurance rates for a period of 3-5 years. This being a considerable saving.
3. A defensive driving course will teach safe and accident free driving techniques.
4. The course will teach protection techniques and how to handle road rage and speeding.
5. The defensive driving course will teach safe driving techniques in bad weather and adverse conditions. The course will hone skills in highway driving, night driving, and extreme weather driving.
6. The course will inculcate critical safety issues and teach emergency action too.
7. By taking a defensive driving course you will not have to appear in court.
8. The driving violation charges will be dismissed and a fine will not be assessed.
9. Defensive driving classes create responsible citizens which mean children and families will remain protected.
10.Most important the defensive driving classes will improve driving skills, reiterate driving laws and rules and make better drivers of people. A defensive driving class can even be taken virtually. Defensive driving teaches people to be responsible drivers and take all necessary precautions when seated behind the wheel of a car. It protects not just the driver but pedestrians, animals, and fellow commuters. It makes the roads safer. Defensive driving saves lives.